Skip to content

Learning Disability Devon Designed by people with a learning disability for people with a learning disability

Renting Social Housing and Affordable Housing

  • This is low cost housing provided by housing associations or councils to people with low incomes or special housing needs.

  • You need to be on the Housing Register – a list for people who somewhere to live.  This is called Devon Home Choice.

  • When you rent a property you will be asked to sign a tenancy agreement.  This tells you what you can and can’t do in the house (like making noise or having a pet).

  • The cost of renting is usually cheaper and you can get help with repairs to your home.

  • If you need to move again there may be other homes available.